Thursday, September 21, 2006

Memorial Plaque Sayings

Jobs and weary nights

After reflecting for hours, make calculations of all kinds, shuffle the pros and cons and try to abstract to the point of complete objectivity, I have to the conclusion that I am to the genitals of this work. Since I only have nine days here and, frankly, I can not wait to sneak away with the loot. My body and mind have reached an extreme wear such that not even coordinate their actions, which have a direct and immediate: I'm less of anything soup. More than one might think we're back to the golden times of the master, when it was known in class for my sudden fuss neck and could not move from the third hour with a coke to take throat, but no, this is much more serious, and I think if does not stop soon I'll end up digging a hole in the reception and ducking inside to rest at ease, only to say that three nights ago I had a bed with four chairs ... But do not be alarmed, I was just lying down for twenty minutes, and he could not with the soul. In short, I'm already pretty saturated so quiet, so lonely and so little sleep. At this time also complicate things further, that if once due to my untimely hours, I saw very few people, not now I hardly see or to myself sometimes occurs to me that there was a nuclear war and I am the only survivor, planted behind the counter of a reception miraculously preserved in the middle of a crater and hoping the customer will never come. Anyway.

So this is how things are going, boys. My mood is again a little ominous plan (as well you can perceive), and now, what I want is to catch a train and plants dieciseismil miles from any hotel chain Overlook and also of my colleagues. With them, as I said, keep a list of the most tangential, sometimes stays within the bounds of civility and even use (always minimum, not only because of the lack of affinity, but above all by the little time together) but at other times, however, is about to enter the realm of malice and gnashing of teeth. And it is very difficult to keep smiling and good manners when you see them come and party, to his own, displaying a complicity that I've never been, nor will be and, obviously, a participant and, in many cases, completely oblivious of my existence. In such situations, my smile becomes a grimace and lost, absurd and sadly neglected, I can not do more than hate my situation and promise to never again opt for a job to be an asocial body is little more than a requirement. But of course this is only in the worst moments and most of the time, keep a correct, even friendly, but distant-relationship with them, or at least enough to keep sterile as I racked my brain with metaphysical statements about friendship. The most symptomatic in this respect is perhaps that of Silvia, a 25-year-old Salamanca tourism and then studied communications who lived for a year in London, which brought a Cáceres-English and whose small size and apparent fragility, in addition to more rectilinear shapes, took my sister, soon to meet you, to baptize as "The Pin." My relationship with it has varied, from the very beginning, between acceptance and rejection, between closeness and rejection, which means that sometimes we are "colleagues", launching jokes about our situation in the hotel, about our colleagues or the principal, and in other cases we have spent enough of each other ... or, to be fair, I've been I who spent it, and I've never finished to convince his attitude, always given to a face of seriousness / superiority enough caffeine, which makes passing comments without any chicha jokes and does little to create a climate of friendliness and relaxation. It is also true that their relationship "illegitimate" with the waiter Extremadura is a remarkable point in the deterioration of our relations, because although a deal to keep him very friendly, the goings-on with that walk, all the disagreements, outbursts and other such nonsense that is often associated with concubinage, they bring me completely at anchor (for no other word to use more than one blush, but actually is closer to what this issue inspires me), so that each time they happen and I'm in the middle (that is, always, and my desk is next to the cafeteria, and is on the stretch of time between the two where squabbles usually take place and the other coming and going), I wish that life was as a television and had a hand remote to change channels at will, especially when I was vexed. If all of this, moreover, we add that more than one occasion I got to propose to be out of work, more nothing to spread in some way and try to build a richer social life than moths, or pond frog, and she, who knows if suspicious of my intentions (totally chaste, I swear, I Cristofer free) declined one after another or had the help of the elements to delay our departure, as you can imagine why our relationship has not gone beyond the formal. But hey, seeing more clearly now, I realize that I never saw as a potential friend or co-sprees, I always backtracked amoeba that attitude and that obsession with Antonio, the waiter, and that if I told you - this ... the said, forgiveness, toggle out there, it was only because I was a bit desperate and this was my only (or one of very few) nail into flames in my adventure to find something to do in Sant Feliu. But: I had a friend-Jordina-with which I would not have cared nothing more than words, but I regret to say that, as on other occasions, the attempt was foiled before it arrived in a port, neither good nor bad . What can we do. She loses it (typical strike action to overcome the pride).

Anyway, in nine days, as I said, I packed up and here again I do not see either in my next life. Not that I take an experience really negative, but lying if I said I would do it again (unless, of course, I put a bed on which mullidita rest my poor bones) I leave it to people who know how to deal with customers or, more Moreover, with his own demons. Madrid is waiting for me, the PhD-for which, incidentally, I already have the blessing, and even the blessing, my director, I looked forward, and my daily living, active, too. So much buzzed would if I decide to stay here (well, on the point of my sanity we need not enter into a discussion). I just hope that these days I have to go well and end in a dignified manner, without rolling any more than anything for both sides to retain a good memory of the other. Lest I spent something like what happened in Sweden, but-so did not know, "transcend" and, therefore, did not affect my public image, could have led to an exit through the front door : that of shame. Did not know what I'm talking about? Of course not! Who do you take me? In this secret only knowledgeable, that I know of three people, and I'm considering it against the knife that will not be of the tongue. But do not worry: it is nothing serious.

Well, I will continue to place explosive charges.

0 comments:

Post a Comment