Thursday, September 7, 2006

Cheap Volleyball Spandex Shorts

L'interminable impasse

skim the edge of the universe and dodge at the last minute feared the coming of Armageddon, back into the fold of the Overlook to give account of what I have brought these two days. While this, in fact, could be defined in two words: almost nothing. But today I want to write and for your misfortune, I am about to take my magic hat and start extracting rabbits, anecdotes and reflections like Mary Poppins bag in question.

apathy that accompanies me these days is only comparable to my tiredness. Today my parents arrived and, with its presence in the house, I hope things take a turn more dynamic, because what was the last week ... Both on Monday and Wednesday I had to call the Complutense about 11 am, is, I was forced to interrupt my sleep period, "a result that could not get back to sleep a wink: fully awake, I decided to hold out until after lunch and so, incidentally, to explore a slot virtually unknown in Sant Feliu. Such recklessness led later to pass to take a nap two hours of my afternoon to grab a frightening total of four. Thus, one can say that none of those two days I saw the sunlight, if we discount the time I was calling, solving existential doubts about my future and preparing food. With this background, coupled with the fact that does not have friends in these latitudes, that the foreigner will decrease and move things as wedding about David and Naomi, getting more tense go, do not miss it I walk quite reluctance and eager to enter a new cycle.

Anyway, some things I have to tell. About my future, for example, about which I have managed to reach a precarious, but not less likely, conclusion after giving thousands of rounds, talking to different people and even animals, shuffle the pros and cons and play heads or tails, I've decided I'm going to embark on a doctorate. Yes, friends: I will remain a student until I was kicked out of college or, conversely, are obliged to grant a scholarship for life to stop giving the grill. But do not think that my resolution is not as parasitic as at first sight. If on the one hand, it is true that I can not let more time to do PhD and happy and able to finally focus on the preparation of the thesis (which is, of course, a continuation of last year HORROR !), on the other hand, the fact remains that I can not get to ask at the corners and being forced to change the luxurious four walls of my cubicle hypothetical Matritense the austere shelter of a bridge over the Manzanares (although Who knows, maybe it is better to pay the exorbitant rent of capital). Thus, pursuant to that truism, first of all be seek a livelihood, an activity that, if possible, not pass through the theft or the brothel, and that is as close as possible to what I enjoy doing, which, as you have already guessed, is working on hotel lobby late in the morning, but to write. The Journal of books, apart from publishing a new critical and have two others in the room, I have secured new partnerships, though, given the botched relationship that binds them I do not know me if I can trust too: more than two weeks, the assistant asked me my address in Catalunya (which, presumably, already had) to send a new book, but so far, mailbox I have not seen more than dust and bank cards (not directed at me, fortunately) ... Ah! and a record that I came from overseas and which have not yet thanked nor have I expressed the profound nostalgia that I awoke to hear ... "But that's another story and should be told another time."

these days to come, therefore, predict hustle and head quite a few meals. I ask you to pray for me, that you put candles in your favorite idols and everything goes as you have to leave, but only because I have not made every effort to fact or everything that was in my hand ... and in all other parts of my body. As I said, I'm quite stunned, and the prospect of myself to write letters, polish my resume and call different places to make use of my seductive voice of taciturn (with great honor), I am not attracted too, truth. But hey, let's get parked and get complaints once and get to work.

Moreover, there has been, in recent days, too many stories noteworthy or worthy of mention. The other day a mouse after the cafe bar and the bartender, a stout Extremadura 28 years whose real vocation was to be the bullfighting, he started jumping up and yelling that we were going to throw. Lucky that we had no customers wandering about, otherwise, I do not want to imagine breaks loose that would have mounted. In the end, between the seasoned bartender and I dragged one of the refrigerators after which the rodent was hiding, and we were surprised that infamous corner, apart from the unspeakable scab that, over the decades, had gone accumulating in the darkness-the body of another mouse, espanzurrado and legs stiff, my partner refused to watch as it swept into the bag, but before which made the gesture of crossing oneself is time for the funeral. The other stories are more or less of this sort or not to contribute too much to the horrors of the Overlook, with what I end my entry today. You to sleep well.

0 comments:

Post a Comment